Posted April 7, 2021 9:18 am by

Artiste detained for 10 days over the murder of KDF hubby

Police will detain for 10 days the widow of a Kenya Defence Forces private who died during a violent argument at their residence in Kahawa Wendani, Kiambu county.

A court allowed the police’s re￾quest to hold Violet Asale to enable them to finalise investigations into the circumstances of Daniel Onyango’s death.

Artiste detained for 10 days over the murder of KDF hubbyAsale is a musician known with her stage name Zian Achana and songs ‘Nimechoka’, ‘I Love You’, ‘Falling in Love’ and ‘Gimme Love’.

‘My mum was framed, arrested and jailed in Pakistan,’ Lovy Longomba

Police sought 15 days when they presented Asale before a Kiambu court but they were reduced by five.

A postmortem of the body will be held on Wednesday.

Asale has told police her husband had trouble breathing and she did not bite him to death as has been reported.

She added that Onyango hurt himself in the house as they argued on Saturday at around midnight.

“The woman says she did not use any weapon. She claims the man tried to strangle her before she
fought back and ran out of their bedroom,� a police source said.

Artiste detained for 10 days over the murder of KDF hubby“Moments later the man walked out complaining of inability to breathe. But we will know more,� he added.

Asale said Onyango bit her in the back. She bit him in the chest, shoulder and thumb.

How a murdered gangster inspired Size 8’s music career

Onyango had argued with Asale over a one bedroom rental apartment in Kasarani, Nairobi. She had allegedly rented another room for her office and editing studio, neighbours said.

Police say investigations show the soldier and Asale had a bitter exchange when he demanded to
know who was paying rent for the room. He had not been told about the studio.

Onyango showed up at their house in Kahawa Wendani on Saturday night and refused to take his supper. They argued.

Artiste detained for 10 days over the murder of KDF hubbyWhen he left the house after the scuffle, he began convulsing and his wife rushed him to Kahawa Garrison Health Centre where he died.

The couple had three children and police and witnesses said their last born, 4, Read More…